I cut this recipe in half since it’s just the two of us.
- 6 russet potatoes, sliced into ¼” slices
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- fresh or dried parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter two 9×9 casserole dishes. Set aside.
- Layer half of the potato slices in the dish, overlapping slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheeses on top of the potatoes and add the crumbled bacon pieces. Add the other half of the potato slices on top of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk and eggs. Pour the mixture over top of the potatoes. Sprinkle the parsley on top (optional).
- Cover with foil and bake for 90 minutes, or until the custard is cooked and set. Allow the dish to rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.