- 2 cans buttermilk biscuits (not the flaky kind)
- 20 balls mozzarella fresca ciliegine (cherry size) or mozzarella cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and basil to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Open the can of biscuits. Flatten each biscuit. Drain the liquid from the container of fresh mozzarella. Place a mozzarella ball in the center and wrap the dough around it to form a ball.
Heat olive oil over medium low heat in a skillet. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add in the butter and stir until melted. Slowly pour in the wine and salt (it may splatter) and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
Roll the dough balls into the butter.
Place the balls in a mini muffin pan (open side up)
Combine the shredded cheeses and pile on each dough ball.
Bake in a 450-degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from oven. Brush with remaining garlic butter. Sprinkle with salt and basil to taste. Serve warm.