4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
2 ½ cups potatoes and onions, diced
½ cup chopped celery
8 oz clam juice
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons flour
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp instant chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cups cream
13 ounces minced clams, drained
1. Cook potatoes, onions and celery in bacon drippings over medium heat for 4 minutes.
2. Add clam juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
3. Whisk in milk, flour, thyme, bouillon and Worcestershire. Add cream.
4. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir an additional minute.
5. Mash potatoes slightly and stir in clams. Heat through.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with bacon.