makes 12 skewers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp dried Parsley or ¼ cup fresh chopped
- ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Pillsbury Original breadsticks
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 (10″-12″) wooden skewers
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In bowl combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Oregano, Basil, Parsley, red pepper flakes and garlic. Form into 1 inch meatballs.
- Open can of breadsticks and starting with one breadstick at a time thread dough then meatball. Repeat the process with 2 more meatballs alternating dough-meatball, ending with dough. Make sure to spread dough and meatballs away from each other by about ¼”, so the meatballs bake through and the dough has room to expand.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through. Remove from oven and ssprinkle each skewer with 1-2 Tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese. Place back in oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with warm marinara sauce for sipping.