These were uh-mazing and neither of us like eggs. Instant happy tummy.
1 lb pork sausage
2 shallots finely diced
1 carrot finely diced
1 stick of celery finely diced
Half a leek finely diced
1 teaspoon of sage, thyme and parsley chopped.
Seasoned flour (1 cup flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper)
1. Begin by dicing the vegetables finely. Sweat the vegetables in a pan until soft, and then season. Spread it out and allow to cool.
2. Place five eggs into boiling salted water for six minutes, 30 seconds Put the eggs in iced water for one minute to stop them cooking. De-shell the eggs.
3. Mix the cooled diced vegetables and the pork. Divide the mixture into five bundles. Wrap the mix around the eggs.
4. Coat the egg in the seasoned flour, and then the egg wash. Then roll the egg in the seasoned breadcrumbs.
5. Cook the Scotch Egg hot oil at 375 degrees F for two minutes until golden brown.
6. Then cook in a hot oven at 375 degrees F for six minutes.
7. Serve immediately.