This was SO good! I would have told you about it last night if our internet had been working…I had an assist on this from my mother in law since she made a turkey yesterday, I subbed in turkey breast for chicken.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko
- 1/2 cup butter
- Poach chicken in a large pot of simmering water. Cook until no longer pink in center, about 12 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. Bring chicken cooking water to a boil and cook pasta in it. Drain. Cut chicken into small pieces, and mix with noodles.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mushroom soup, chicken soup, and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir together cream soup mixture with the chicken mixture. Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, and remove from heat. Stir in crumbled crackers. Top casserole with the buttery crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.