- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin (pork shoulder or butt can also be used)
- 1 (12 ounce) can of root beer
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle of barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker and pour the can of root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- After pork has cooked, drain and discard the root beer. Shred the pork and place it back in the slow cooker. Pour the barbecue sauce over the pork and stir to combine. Serve immediately or keep warm in slow cooker until ready to serve. Serve on hamburger buns.