Wow! Looks beautiful and is so decadent. Yum! It’s super easy, don’t let the fancy name fool you.
4 Whole boneless duck breasts (with skin)
salt and pepper
3 Tablespoons chopped shallots
1 Tablespoon grated ginger
2 Tablespoons honey
1/2 cup black currant jam
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Score the skin side of the duck in a crosshatch pattern.
3. Heat a saute pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Season duck with salt and pepper. Put the breasts, skin side down, and cook 6-8 minutes. Drain off grease.
4. Turn over duck and brown the flesh side for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
5. Add the shallots to the pan and saute 2 minutes until softened. Add ginger, honey, jam and vinegar. Stir and simmer 2-3 minutes to thicken into a glaze.
6. Put duck on a cookie sheet, brush with lacquer and bake for 3 minutes.
7. Slice the breasts and drizzle with remaining sauce.