These are a great way to get your beets down, even if you don’t like them! I peel my beets with a potato peeler before cooking to avoid burning fingers while peeling after cooking. It’s not worth the pain and I don’t see a difference in cooking.
3-4 lbs beets
6 cloves peeled garlic
3 sprigs fresh thyme
5 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut beets into quarters (or eighths, depending on size) and place in a baking dish with garlic and thyme sprigs.
3. Stir 3 Tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over beets and toss to coat.
4. Bake, covered 40-45 minutes until tender. Discard thyme sprigs.
5. Chop garlic finely and combine with remaining olive oil, lemon juice and snipped thyme. Drizzle over beets and serve.