This is a good recipe even if you aren’t crazy about Salmon. It makes 2 salmon burgers, but you can stretch it to 3 if you need to. I made a creamy cocktail sauce that tastes great on the burgers (2 parts catsup, a squirt or 2 of creamy horseradish and a spoonful of mayonnaise).
1 can drained salmon
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
ground pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 buns, split and toasted
Combine salmon, egg, 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Form patties about 1/2 inch thick.
Spread remaining bread crumbs on a plate and dredge the patties in the crumbs until coated.
Heat oil over medium heat and cook patties 3 minutes on each side
1 cup plain greek yogurt
½ cup chopped cilantro
8 flour tortillas
¼ cup olive oil
1 onion, sliced
Salt and Pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, chopped
½ tsp crushed red pepper
1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
1. In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, salt and pepper and cook until browned, about 12 minutes. Increase the heat and add tomatoes. Cook until reduced, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the remaining olive oil, garlic and red pepper to skillet and cook 1 minute over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, 3-5 minutes. Stir in remaining cilantro. Serve with warm tortillas, onion mixture and yogurt sauce.
- 16 oz thin spaghetti, cooked (or any of your favorite noodles)
- ½ cup butter (plus more for buttering pan)
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked, diced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cup sour cream
- ½ cup dry white wine (I use Beringer, but you can also use cooking wine)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Combine 1/2 cup butter, cooked chicken, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper and white wine. Add cooked noodles. Pour into a buttered 13×9. Sprinkle both cheeses on top. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 45 minutes, covered with foil. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes. May be made in advance and refrigerated (before cooking). However, add time if that is the case to heat thoroughly! Enjoy!